Consisting of over seventeen thousand islands, Indonesia has a world of walking, hiking and trekking routes to discover. From volcanic mountain peaks, to dense rainforest trails and coastal splendours, Indonesia's regions each offer a different flavour to your walking journey. Walk amid rugged tropical terrain, wildlife from bats to orangutans in Sumatra. Walk up mighty volcano peaks and craters and incredible turquoise mountain lakes in Java or meander through Indonesia’s capital Jakarta. See the rolling hills of rice fields in Ubud to picturesque jungled mountains and ancient temples in Bali. Walk among prehistoric beasts ...
Consisting of over seventeen thousand islands, Indonesia has a world of walking, hiking and trekking routes to discover. From volcanic mountain peaks, to dense rainforest trails and coastal splendours, Indonesia's regions each offer a different flavour to your walking journey. Walk amid rugged tropical terrain, wildlife from bats to orangutans in Sumatra. Walk up mighty volcano peaks and craters and incredible turquoise mountain lakes in Java or meander through Indonesia’s capital Jakarta. See the rolling hills of rice fields in Ubud to picturesque jungled mountains and ancient temples in Bali. Walk among prehistoric beasts on Komodo Island or multi-coloured volcanic lakes on Flores Island. Blessed with culture and exceptional natural beauty, Indonesia offers extraordinary walking trails and tracks. Our range is inclusive of easy walks and strolls through to challenging hikes and treks and can be tailored to your abilities and walking appetite when you choose to walk with Onlyluxe Travel
Best Walks & Hikes in Indonesia
- Known for its forested volcanic mountains, classic rice paddies, temples, beaches and coral reefs, Bali features many spectacular walking opportunities. Enjoy an unforgettable sunrise on a climb of Mount Agung or Mount Batur.Walk among the undulating rice fields of the Jatiluwih Rice Terrace.
- Komodo archipelago within Komodo National Park is home to the largest lizard on Earth, the Komodo Dragon. Walk among these prehistoric like creatures surrounded by incredible natural scenery on, Padar Island, Flores Island, Rinca island and Komodo Island and uncover the famous Pink Beach of Komodo Island and its picturesque paradisiac waters.
- Whether it is a short walk through stunning rice fields, a trek up steaming volcanoes, incredible sacred temples or uncovering the diverse flora and fauna through dense jungle Java has it all. Walk among the world’s largest buddhist temple of Borobudur, dating back to the 9th century. Trek the active volcanoes and incredible natural phenomenon of Mount Bromo and Mount Semeru or the volcanic turquoise lakes of Mount Ijen. Explore one of the most amazing waterfalls in Indonesia at Tumpak Sewu Waterfall cascading over the jungle fringed drop.
- Explore Lombok Island and its incredible beaches and marine life or climb the active and Indonesia’s second-highest volcano of Mount Rinjani and uncover its crater lake, ridges and valleys.
- East of Borneo, Sulawesi encompases several long peninsulas protruding from its mountainous centre with brilliant walking and trekking options to uncover its dense jungle inland and paradise-like coast. Discover Torajaland in the southern highlands where land, water, species and culture blend in the misty mountain valleys among the rural and fascinating culture of the indigenous Torajaland people.
- The Gili Islands consist of Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air near the coast of Lombok and are characterised by sandy white beaches and stunning coral reefs to uncover by boat and afoot.
- Walk amid the scarcely populated Raja Ampat Islands with extraordinary scenery of stunning jungle-covered islands, gorgeous white sandy beaches, secluded lagoons, eerie caves, stunning rounded islets and beautifully blue waters.
- Western New Guinea features a large mountainous interior, forest lowlands and a large area of coastal mangrove swamps surrounded by numerous small islands and coral reefs. Covered mostly in virgin forest, explore this incredible region afoot among the rich biodiversity.
- You can find rugged tropical terrain, smouldering volcanos and exceptional wildlife when you walk around Sumatra. One of the Sunda Islands of western Indonesia, explore the stratovolcano of Gunung Sibayak as the geothermal activity creates fascinating steam vents and hot springs or embark on a walking journey to the plunging Sipiso-Piso Waterfall, friend by a small underground river that pours from a cave 120 meters above.
We offer guided and self-guided walking tours in Indonesia, so whether you want some insightfulness from a handpicked local guide, or to take things at your own pace, Onlyluxe Travel will ensure your travel needs are truly satisfied. We also offer private or small group journeys for individuals, groups or family travel, whatever your travel style may be.
With a large collection, you can use our TOUR FINDER to find the right tour for your next holiday. Or simply call, email us or live chat us now.