Within China there is plenty of natural beauty and ancient culture to experience on one of the many walks, hikes and treks. Walk along the Li River and appreciate the serenity of the flowing water and karst peaks or hike the world famous Great Wall of China on one of its many routes and segments. Discover one of the deepest canyons in the world when you hike among the Tiger Leaping Gorge trail or discover ancient history on the silk road or Ancient horse and tea road. Discover the ...
Within China there is plenty of natural beauty and ancient culture to experience on one of the many walks, hikes and treks. Walk along the Li River and appreciate the serenity of the flowing water and karst peaks or hike the world famous Great Wall of China on one of its many routes and segments. Discover one of the deepest canyons in the world when you hike among the Tiger Leaping Gorge trail or discover ancient history on the silk road or Ancient horse and tea road. Discover the ancient and sacred Mt Emei or the thrilling Mount Huangshan also known as Yellow Mountain. With China’s vast land mass, exceptionally diverse landscapes and richness in culture and history, there is no shortage of possibilities when you choose to discover the many walking and hiking trails of China. Our range is inclusive of easy walks and strolls through to challenging hikes and treks and can be tailored to your abilities and walking appetite when you choose to walk with Onlyluxe Travel.
Best Walking and Hiking Trails in China
- Trek through Tiger Leaping Gorge and explore one of Asia's finest geological wonders. This is one of the finest treks in China, offering breathtaking natural scenery, diverse landscapes and historical attractions. See among one the deepest gorges in the world, able to be leapt in a single bound by a tiger, according to legend. At every corner on its high trail you will come face-to-face with rugged cliffs diving sharply into jade-colored, rushing waters.
- Hike the Ancient tea and horse road, crossing dangerous mountains and rivers, invading the wild lands and forests of 'the Rooftop of the World'. Walking on the road, you'll see some 70 cm-deep ruts in stone slabs caused by the stamping of horses' hooves over the centuries, and many altars engraved with religious scriptures and mottos. The legendary road is full of its stories to tell.
- See lakes, beautiful alpine landscapes, sacred sites and two of Tibet’s greatest centres of religious culture on the Ganden to Samye Trek. Along the high passes and secluded valleys Trek from the Ganden Monastery, through the Shogun-la Pass to the first Buddhist monastery in Tibet, Samye Monastery.
- Starting at the sea and stretching more than one thousand miles to the desert frontiers of China's west, the Great Wall is a lasting symbol of China's imperial might. Winding and staggering over 8,000km, walk the highlighted segments for spectacular views and incredible historic architecture. Walk the Shanhaiguan (Shanhai Pass) known to be a major pass of the Great Wall on the east coast beginning with six other major sites nearby. Walk from Jiankou to Mutianyu including Ox Horn, one of the hardest segments of the wall. Ox Horn is a particular steep rounded section with no stairs that resembles the horns of an Ox. Mutianyu is one of the most popular sites on the Great Wall due to its full restoration. Walk the popular hiking route from Jinshanling to Simatai featuring both restored and wild features of the wall or enjoy a night tour of Simatai, the only section open to this event.
- Hike the Longji Rice Terraces also known as the Longsheng Rice Terraces on stone paved roads and steep steps surrounded by lush and majestic tiered rice fields forming beautiful wavy lines over the hills that look absolutely gorgeous when the sun hits them just right. Noted as one of the country's most beautiful terraces walk the Dazhai to Ping’an (or vice versa) 20km route on an incredible journey.
- Walk the Yangdi to Xingping Pier walk along the Li River between the beautiful Guilin and Yangshuo on a leisurely hike among breathtaking scenery and villages. See the nine horse painting hills and dramatic karst scenery among some of the most scenic beauty in China.
- Located near X’ian, hike Mount Huashan among its five peaks. For those who seek adrenaline, The Plank Walk is a series of planks of wood bolted into the side of an over 2000 metre peak and is often considered the one most dangerous hike in the world. Hikers are harnessed and scramble to the small temple found at the end of the walk.
- Just outside of Chengdu lies Emei Shan, featuring one of the Four Sacred Buddhist Mountains of China, the sacred mountain of Mount Emei. Perched on the edge of the Eastern Himalayas, walk the incredible mountain to the summit among the World Cultural Heritage Site and World Natural Heritage Site pass temples, wildlife, forests and waterfalls.
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage site of Jiuzhai Valley National Park and its walking trails leading through incredible natural wonders of unspoiled land with waterfalls, alpine lakes, tranquil grasslands, Tibetan villages and snow capped mountain views.
- Hike among the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park and bask in its beauty. As the inspiration for Avatar, walk among the unique sandstone peaks coated with forest, ancient trees, mountains, stunning rivers and incredible vistas. The park has many points of interest and great walking trails
- The Yellow Mountain hike is part of the Top 10 hiking routes in China.A UNESCO World Heritage Site, named after the Yellow Emperor, there are four major attractions that bring this place of natural beauty to life. From its 10 metre high pine tree greeting people to the mountain, its peculiarly formed ‘Flying-over’ rock that hangs from the mountain ledge, its stunning seas of cloud and lovely hot springs, it is truly a mesmerising place to discover on foot.
We offer guided and self-guided walking tours in China, so whether you want some insightfulness from a handpicked local guide, or to take things at your own pace, Onlyluxe Travel will ensure your travel needs are truly satisfied. We also offer private or small group journeys for individuals, groups or family travel, whatever your travel style may be.
With a large collection, you can use our TOUR FINDER to find the right tour for your next holiday. Or simply call, email us or live chat us now.